ETPA All Schools Q&A:
1. How many times a week were you riding/running and swimming in your lead in?
Swimming 4 times a week, running and riding 3 times a week (each)
2. What type of ride sets were you doing? Can you give us an example of one?
A hard brick set would be riding 5 mins max on mag trainer then sprinting 400m, repeating 4-5 times
3. What type of run sets were you doing? Can you give us an example?
A track set example 2×200, 2×400 then 4×200, all at max. Plus warm up and cool down
4. Tell us about your hardest training day?
Thursdays are the hardest as I have a hard track set in the morning, then a mag trainer session after school
5. What does winning mean for you?
I don’t think about winning, I just try my best each time and hope it gets me a win
6. What is your biggest tip for other juniors leading into their first triathlon?
Don’t be scared!